To promote and advance the profession of code enforcement while serving and supporting its members by offering comprehensive education and certification; providing legislative advocacy on issues of importance to the code enforcement profession; and facilitating a network for an exchange of information and technology.
CACEO represents and supports its members by:
- CACEO is the only organization advocating exclusively for code enforcement officers in California.
- CACEO’s Legislative Committee tracks legislation, develops position letters on pending bills, formulates legislation and consistently keeps members apprised of its efforts to ensure they have the information they need to be effective advocates.
- On behalf of its members, CACEO maintains a high profile in Sacramento.
- Members of CACEO make a positive difference in their communities every day.
- CACEO is dedicated to educating the public on the value of public safety services performed by code enforcement professionals.
- CACEO’s members make the communities in which they work safer and more attractive.
- CACEO actively promotes its members as a viable, necessary and beneficial component of public safety, capable of solving the most difficult problems, improving the quality of life and increasing property values in communities throughout California.
- CACEO provides members with professional tools and opportunities to excel in their jobs.
- CACEO offers excellent, cost-effective educational programs, trainings and certification programs.
- CACEO provides legislative and regulatory advocacy.
- CACEO offers networking opportunities.
- CACEO is dedicated to providing its members with the information they need to expertly perform their duties and stay informed about current trends, regulations and safety procedures through quality electronic and print newsletters and a consistently updated Web site.
- CACEO offers legal protections for code enforcement officers at risk of being assaulted as a result of their enforcement duties. Code enforcement officers often deal with gang members, drug dealers, homeless and violent or unstable individuals. CACEO works to improve the safety of code enforcement professionals through training, educating elected officials and the public and consistently reporting on and collecting data about injuries and deaths.
- CACEO maintains a database of code enforcement officers who have been threatened, injured or died in the line of duty.