2020 Gala Awards Nomination
CACEO Awards Gala
Join us on Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 6:00 pm to honor and celebrate the hard work of all code enforcement officers state wide and those who have gone above and beyond by supporting our profession. Click the flyer below to purchase a gala ticket.
Gala pricing is for non-attendees. The Gala is included with your seminar registration.
The California Association of Code Enforcement Officers is proud to announce the award categories for the 1st Annual Awards Gala. The winners will be recognized at this year’s annual seminar, held at the Resort at Squaw Creek, Olympic Valley on Wednesday October 21, 2020. The awards program allows the association to honor and recognize the “best of the best” in the industry, chosen by you the members.
Please look around for the perfect fit for each category below; We look forward to reviewing each and every one of your submission's.
Code Enforcement Officer of the Year
- This category recognizes one (1) individual who clearly displays exceptional and outstanding performance of duties which bring honor and distinction to CACEO, the Officer, their Department, and/or the profession.
Innovative Program of the Year
- This category recognizes an individual, group or entity has worked in establishing or promoting best practices including implementation, adoption or enforcement of policies reflective of CACEO ethics.
- This category recognizes an individual or Individuals who have used their time with CACEO to make a positive, enduring impact on the association or the profession as a whole.
Distinguished Service Award
- This category recognizes an individual or organization that has had a significant impact on the code enforcement profession in a supportive role, and assists in the promotion of CACEO values and programs, or who has advocated or helped establish code enforcement in a particular community.
- This category recognizes one (1) individual who has made a significant contribution to the field of code enforcement in a volunteer capacity.
Public Awareness Award
- This category recognizes Journalists and/or writers publishing an article or series of articles on code enforcement issues raising public awareness and understanding of code enforcement's value to a community.
CACEO Hero Award
- This category recognizes a code enforcement officer that by his/her actions significantly contributes to the saving of a human life.
Instructor of the Year
- This category recognizes individuals or organizations that have shown demonstrated skills, innovative approaches, commitment, energy and intelligence devoted to code enforcement training.
The Bruce Dunams Leadership Award
- This category recognizes one (1) individual executive, manager, or supervisor for outstanding support and advancement of the code enforcement profession.
How to Submit a Nomination
1. Nominations will only be accepted from CACEO members in good standing.
2. Nominations are to be submitted through this online submission process only, using the form below (500 words or less)
3. Deadline to submit a nomination is August 3, 2020.
4. CACEO review of nominations begins August 10, 2020.
5. Winners will be contacted by Committee on August 20, 2020.
Don’t forget to be as descriptive as possible in your supporting documentation as to why your nominee should be selected as the winner. The committee will reach out to you for further videos, pictures and supporting documents immediately following the announcement.
Submissions will only be accepted from members in good standing.