CACEO is dedicated to providing timely educational opportunities for our members, designed specifically for code enforcement officers. We offer continuing education classes throughout the year and throughout the state--check our calendar offer to stay up-to-date on classes near you!
CACEO also recognizes the importance of creating and abiding by standards within the profession, which is why we offer a Certified Code Enforcement Officer (CCEO) designation.
One of the great things about CACEO's education is that if doesn't currently exist in our repertoire, we're willing to build it for you. If your agency has a need for training in a certain subject matter, please contact the office and let us know. If you can guarantee a minimum number of attendees to the class, we will work with you to create the curriculum for the course and hold it in your area.
Take advantage of our educational programs--and remember, they're only open to members of CACEO!
Recommended reference manuals
- California Criminal Law and Evidence / Pc 832 Sourcebook (2009); LawTech Publishing, (www.LawTechPublishing.com)
- Mike Mangiaracina, Courtroom Testimony; LawTech Publishing (www.LawTechPublishing.com)
- Carol Hawks & Jean Goodall, Crime Scene Documentation; LawTech Publishing, (www.LawTechPublishing.com)
- Randal Davis, Evidence Collection & Presentation; LawTech Publishing, (www.LawTechPublishing.com)
- Douglas Hansen, Redwood Kardon, Paddy Morrissey, Code Check Building For California; Taunton Publishing (www.CodeCheck.com)
- International Residential Code –Study Companion; International Code Council
- Cecily T. Talbert, California Land Planning and Planning Law; Solano Press
- International Property Maintenance Code 2006; International Code Council
- Uniform Housing Code 1997 edition; International Code Council
- California Code Enforcement Source Guide 2009 edition; CACEO
- Bickel, Branden E. and Sirkin, D. Andrew. The Condominium Bluebook 2000; Piedmont, CA, Piedmont Press, 2000.
- Merullo, Victor D. and Valentine, Michael J. Arboriculture and the Law; International Society of Arboriculture. IL, 1992.
- Council on Tree Appraisers. Guide for Plant Appraisal; International Society of Arboriculture, IL, 2000.
- Shigo, Alex L. Tree Pruning, A Worldwide Photo Guide; New Hampshire, 2003.
- Starrett, Paul, J.D. An Investigator's Guide to Interview and Interrogation for Investigations; California, 2005. (www.LawTechPublishing.com)
- Rutledge, Devallis, California Peace Officers' Legal Sourceguide 2009; (www.LawTechPublishing.com)
- Kardon, Redwood; Casey, Michael; and Hansen, Douglas. Code Check West, A Field Guide to Building a Safe House; The Taunton Press, Inc. 2002.
- Steward, Marcia et al. 9th Edition of Every Landlord's Legal Guide; Nolo Press, 2009.