You will learn to redirect behavior rather than react to a person’s attitude, diffuse difficult situations with proven tactics and strategies, and generate voluntary compliance from people not on their best behavior. Although people may not always like what they have to do, they will understand the need to be cooperative
* Learn communication skills that increase safety and reduce resistance
* Manage their own emotions and the emotions of others in potentially tense situations
* Identify and defuse various types of resistance
* Be able to purposefully use body language techniques which reduces resistance and conflict
* Increase persuasiveness
* Cultivate an outward mindset to encourage cooperation from the public and reduce unintended conflict
Date & Time
May 7, 2020
8:30a m - 4:30 pm
Sergeant Vince Weibert
Clovis Police Department
Participation for the full length of the class.
Maximum Number of Seats
• Cancellations must be in writing and received by CACEO at least 8 days in advance to receive a refund
• No shows will be billed
• You may substitute a CACEO member if you find you cannot attend and are beyond the time to receive a refund, but you must notify CACEO in advance so that we can switch the registration from your profile to another CACEO member.
This event may be photographed or filmed for images to be used for social media or future marketing materials. If you would like to not be photographed, please notify the event host.