Wednesday, July 22, 2020
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Map this event »
City of Rancho Mirage Council Chambers
69-825 Highway 111
Rancho Mirage, California 92270
« Go to Upcoming Event List
- Explore the cause and nature of mental illnesses and intellectual disabilities.
- Identify indicators of mental illness, intellectual disability, and substance use disorders.
- Distinguish the differences between mental illness, intellectual disability, and substance use disorders.
- Respond appropriately in a variety of situations involving persons with mental illness, intellectual disability, and substance use disorders.
- Conflict resolution, active listening and de-escalation techniques for potentially dangerous situations.
- Effective communication when interacting with potentially emotionally distressed persons.
- Learn about compassionate policing of the mentally ill
- Community and state resources available to serve persons with mental illness or intellectual disability, and how these resources can be best utilized by law enforcement.
- Engage in role playing scenarios involving a subject with mental illness
- Hearing personal testimony from an individual living with a mental illness and hearing from families who have experiences with persons with mental illness, intellectual disability, and substance use disorders
Date & Time
July 22, 2020
8:30am - 4:30 pm
Retired Sergeant John Avery
Salinas Police Department
Participation for the full length of the class.
Maximum Number of Seats
• Cancellations must be in writing and received by CACEO at least 8 days in advance to receive a refund
• No shows will be billed
• You may substitute a CACEO member if you find you cannot attend and are beyond the time to receive a refund, but you must notify CACEO in advance so that we can switch the registration from your profile to another CACEO member.
This event may be photographed or filmed for images to be used for social media or future marketing materials. If you would like to not be photographed, please notify the event host.