Wednesday, July 17, 2019
Sacramento Police Department
300 Richards Blvd
Sacramento, California 956811
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
- Explore the cause and nature of mental illnesses and intellectual disabilities.
- Identify indicators of mental illness, intellectual disability, and substance use disorders.
- Distinguish the differences between mental illness, intellectual disability, and substance use disorders.
- Respond appropriately in a variety of situations involving persons with mental illness, intellectual disability, and substance use disorders.
- Conflict resolution, active listening and de-escalation techniques for potentially dangerous situations.
- Effective communication when interacting with potentially emotionally distressed persons.
- Learn about compassionate policing of the mentally ill
- Community and state resources available to serve persons with mental illness or intellectual disability, and how these resources can be best utilized by law enforcement.
- Engage in role playing scenarios involving a subject with mental illness
- Hearing personal testimony from an individual living with a mental illness and hearing from families who have experiences with persons with mental illness, intellectual disability, and substance use disorders
Date & Time
July 17, 2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Retired Police Sgt. John Avery
Participation required for the full length of the class
Maximum Number of Participants
- Cancellations must be in writing and received by CACEO at least 8 days in advance in order to receive a refund
- No Shows will be billed
- You may substitute a CACEO member if you find you cannot attend and are beyond the the time to receive a refund but you must notify CACEO in advance so that we can switch the registration from your profile to another CACEO member.